Saturday, November 26, 2005

Food: Something Simple @ Home

Being not a early raiser, sometimes I skip breakfast entirely. Otherwise, it will be any simple brekkie that I can easily whipped up with whatever leftover I got. This morning, typically late of me. I found eggs, Savoiardi Lady fingers and Lavazza Perfecto Espresso Coffee pods.


I love Omelette. And since I don't have anything else, I would have to settle for a plain one, seasoned only by natural sea salt & freshly grind black pepper corns. hmm ... This morning omelette was a little over done, nevertheless, it was still good for me.



To finish off, I have Savoiardi Lady fingers with Espresso "dips" :)
You don't really have to stop there.

Got Kahlua? Add a few dash to zing up your espresso
Got Mascarpone? Add sugar to taste, spread it on espresso soaked lady fingers
Gor Vanilla? Imparts lovely fragance to the Sweeten Mascarpone
Got cocoa powder? Sprinkle them over the espresso soaked, Sweeten Mascarpone spread Lady fingers.

So there, you finally got a bite-sized TIRAMISU!!! Well we are almost there :D


LIFE is not religiously adhering to exact "specifications & requirements" of others. LIFE is more of "adjusting & adapting" yourself to ever changing circumstances. And that's makes me more happy & satisfied.

Have a good weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Savoiardi Lady fingers" is manufactured goods? or hand made?
It makes my mouth water very much!! (BTW, I can imagine the taste.. Why?? -_-aa)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great breakfast menu - simple and satisfying!

8:54 PM  
Blogger slurp! said...

ryan?
Savoiardi is actually a light italian cookies. They are shaped like lady fingers and hence the name. it's usually used in Tiramisu although some may have subsitute with basic sponge cake for Savoidardi.

cath,
ya ... lazy man's breakfast. cooks faster then instant noodles :D

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home