Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hot skirts, Vespa, Pho24 & Mumcooks

Just some quick updates ... firstly continuing from Hot Skirts, Short Skirts.

Vietnamese Ladies were very fond of their beautiful Ao Dai. So obviously, when I went back that night. No hot skirts, short skirts :( Instead, I found bunch of Friendly Motorola - Vespa Fanatic Club. They were having their Friday nightout with likemind peoples (i.e Crazy over Vespa Scooter). Those customized Vespa Scooters are very beautifully done up.

NOTE: It's really really dark there and I have to boast my camera ISO to the max to capture this which results in noisy & poorer photo

Well, feeling a little "disappointed"(hehehe, just kidding), though the custom scooter & friendly folks were fanastic!. I headed to Pho24 for my first Pho & beer fixes. Having seen a little of pho shops around HCMC which generally looks bit rundown. I was very surprised to find a modern & clean Pho24. Service are fast & efficient


I ordered Pho Bo tai(Price? 24000 dong) and Vietnam 333 Beer (Price? 13000dong). I reckon it arrived within a few minutes. Soup was delightfully aromatic with slight meaty punch. It was hot enough to cook the strips of raw beef within minutes. Vermicelli were the thinner type, anyway I wasn't too particular about the type of Vermicelli.




It was a good meal, Nice & Clean decor, what's there not to like? I won't hestiate to recommend you Pho24 even though Pho cost more here. BTW, the teacup which you see besides my beer is Lotus Tea which they serve at end of your meal

Where? They seems to be everywhere in HCMC. I have mine along Hai Ba Trung Street. And on this same street, there is another Pho24 within walking distance.

More information can be found at their website Pho 24

And fastforward to Singapore ................ I just want to blog down whatever Mumcooks every weekend. And last week, we had Homecook Prawn Noodles. Good thing about homecook meals like this that you add extra prawns, pork slices as much as you like. And of course, nothing beats the freshly made prawn broth, especially it's made by mum :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oooh, your mum's prawn noodle looks yummilicious, pls ask if she minds sharing the prawn broth recipe.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slurp, was hoping u would post fotos of the Vespa chicks in Vietnam! I wish Singapore had that sort of Vespa culture, it's so alluring and cool..!

- wizi

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slurp, the beer made me thirsty wish i was there.

cheers
winelearner

9:41 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Hey Slurp, sorry I hadn't seen your reply to my comment - you've got so much going on on your site!

I'd just been browsing through random blogs and found yours. Love the photos and the ones of FOOD look SO yummy...

Do you just travel for fun? Why did you create the blog?

11:16 PM  
Blogger slurp! said...

cath,
will try lah ... all her recipe measurement all "agar agar" (approximation) one lah

wizi,
sorry, no hot chicks leh that's why drown my sorrow in pho & beer
:( hehehe ... we SG do have it's 2 & 4 wheelers culture. typically, there is a forum dedicated to each make.

hey winelearner, thanks for dropping by. so going to switch to beerlearner soon? :D

cat,
no worries & thanks for your kind comments on the photos. Travels are just one of my little adventures in life, be it fun, tired, happy, sad. it's so LIFE-like :)

And creating this blog yet another of my liitle adventures ... cheers!

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Slurp, everything makes me drool! I hope you had a great time in Sydney...

6:21 AM  
Blogger slurp! said...

keiko,
thanks! it's mostly work but fortunately i have some days to sneak out for some nite shots, pasta, paella, sangria & freshly shucked oysters :)

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home