Sunday, December 04, 2005

Food: Spanish Portuguese Affair @ Australia, Sydney


I love evening walks in Sydney, the lovely shades of blue skies never fails to leaves me in awe. Of late, life is full of surprises. My mindless walking lead me to quiet cross junction of Pyrmont St & Union St. And there, I spotted a lovely quaint building away from the buzzing touristy streets of sydney. I found Talentino Restaurant that serves Portuguese Country Style Cuisine.

Their cosy atmosphere evokes feeling of romance and style. I felt completely at ease once I got seated at the table. Service is excellent & attentive. The food is full of rich robust flavour. They are served freshly cooked, even if you arrive to the resturant half an hour prior to their closing. I'm wondering why there were so little reviews found about this excellent restaurant with value meals.

WHERE?
Talentino Cafe . Restaurant
Portuguese Country Style Cuisine
9 Union Street Prymont NSW 2006
Tel 9518 8000


btw, I made a little boo-boo about the title, I got to know Paella from Spanish cuisine and only realise, after looking at their business card, its Portuguese that they are serving. Nevertheless, they all belongs to Iberian Penisular region, and cuisine bears a close resemblance to each other. For example, they are fond of adding Piri-piri to their dishes.

Piri-piri means "pepper-pepper" in Swahili, an pan-Afrian language. They member Capsicum genus that originate from Africa. Being relating to capsicum / chilli, they adds a lovely spicy note to dishes. There a couple of interesing reads about how it get to Portugal or iberian region. I shall not elaborate and left to reader for furthur exploration, if they wish.

SOURCES
Fiery Foods
Leite's Culinaria

Without much delay, I shall let the photos do the rest of talking :)
BOM APETITE! BUEN APETITO!


Cosy & Relaxing


Sangria (blend of wine & fruits juice) with juicy bits of fruits


Bread with Portuguese Olive Oil


Baby Barbeque Octopus served with salad and lemon olive sauce



Sapaghetti Marinara - Fresh mixed seafood, garlic, piripiri, parsley, white wine and spicy iberian sauce



Paella - Traditional spanish rice dish, cooked with chicken and variety of seafood


Freshly made Hot Chocolate


Chocolate Mousse

Hope you enjoyed those photos! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

the spaghetti marinara and paella looked very good - must KIV this place on next visit to Sydney!

3:34 PM  
Blogger slurp! said...

cath,
there served some interesting skewered meat as well, can't remember what' that called. i heard their coffee is great too as they have their own house brand.

if your pockets are deep, do head to Astral as well =) (didn't tried this as my pocket already got a hole hahaha ...

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, everything looks irresistible! I'm tempted to go to Australia just to try these, but I guess going to Portugal is easier and quicker for me...

7:12 PM  
Blogger slurp! said...

hey keiko,
you are lucky!!! go have the real thing!!! :)

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home