Thursday, December 08, 2005

Ramblings: R.I.P

Yup~ PC finally RIP. But at least I'm quite certain to have narrow down to faulty motherboard. It's nearly 5 years old and I suppose its high time to upgrade anyway. Come weekend, and I will be heading to Sim Lim Square, Singapore one-stop shopping for your all DIY computer needs.

I certainly hope to reuse back some working parts like 512M RAM, 40G harddrive, Matrox G550 display card, DVD burner. Yes, its old but still working fine. I don't play games hence do not require the latest & greatest graphic card, bleeding with cutting edge 3D rendering & co-processing capabilities.

So probably I need to just DIY the small platform chassis, motherboard c/w CPU. btw, Pricelist can be found conveniently online at Hardwarezone SG

*sighz* I foresee another ULTRA HECTIC weekend, not to mention the regular work that I'm trying to complete before my vacation starts. I guess it is times like this that I have learn how shift my gear down and smell the flowers along the way. Got a couple of shots from my Malaysia, Cameron Highlands trip 2002. Folks at GREEN CULTURE have been kind to provide me with some leads. I'm hoping to locate a more precise ID (i.e Common & Latin botanical names) of these plants. Please HELP ME if you can ID them, otherwise, please just enjoy those beautiful plants.

btw, the last photo is my Orchid that just bloom. Been trying to ID this as well :P

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

too bad about the PC but isn't it exciting to hunt down a new PC / PC parts (for me - it's any excuse to do a spot of shopping) :P
can't help with the ID but I do like the flowers, and the cacti (this much I know) in the 2nd row!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got a question.
How can I see the previous posts? This blog has only 1 page.. --a

Ryan.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about buying a new machine? (preferably Mac :)) The flowers are beautiful, I love orchid and always have them in the house.

7:17 PM  
Blogger slurp! said...

cath,
haha ... used to my fun, but no longer a fun excercise. I was getting pretty uninterested in computing stuffs nowadays.

Ryan,
Check the right-side menu, you will see ARCHIVES by month. You can check my past post from there.

keiko,
hmm .. will love an Apple. But that gotta wait as most of my work are done on PC :(

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home