Monday, February 13, 2006

Food: Sleepless Meals @ SG

I have been contemplating making the switch to Wordpress (WP). In fact, I started with WP. Well, actually it never really got started as I've to drop when work rushes in. I also did played around with CMS (Content Management System), stuffs like PHPnuke, Mambo etc. Interesting, but it's a steep learning curve for me. Anyway, I restart with blogger because everyone seems to be using this.

Recent revisit to some blogs powered by wordpress got me thinking again. I really like blogger, but one of the features, Post categorization isn't anywhere in the horizon. So it's sleepless, sleepless nights, thinking & thinking if to make the switch. And sleepless makes me hungry. Fortunately, in Singapore, you have food available 24hours everyday. I decided on simple porridge.

Just right at the entrance of Keong Siak Rd @ Chinatown is one of my favourite hunt for porridge, Tiong Shian Eating House. it's very popular and offers quite a big assortment of porridge. From raw fish slices to fried intestines etc.


I have Fish Stomach porridge. Well, it's not exactly fish stomach but just the flesh around the stomach area. They are more tender portion of a fish. Oops! I forgot the exact price but it should be around $3.50.



It's already midnight and you can see the amount of "sleepless" people here :)


Big Auspicious banner meaning Money Luck, ahhh, yes I needed this alot :D

Alright, I'm all already for ZZland ... GOOD NIGHT! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I so totally agree - wish Blogger will hurry up and add categories, so many other users have asked for this but they don't seem to be listening - I eventually gave up waiting and ended up creating separate posts and using them as categories (just like file folders) and manually updating these posts-categories with my latest posts relevant to that category...sheesh, what a lot of work :(

11:05 PM  
Blogger Van Cong Tu said...

Fish Stomach porridge, I eat it alots in Hanoi, such a good winter dish.

5:41 PM  
Blogger slurp! said...

cath,
try here www.blogsome.com see if that will tempt you to switch.

god,
hmmm ... i need to go hanoi soon :P

10:35 PM  
Blogger Pim said...

Midnight snacks, that's one of the things I miss about not living in Asia anymore. We are early sleepers and early eaters here in San Francisco.

A bowl of jok would have done me some good last night at around one!

cheers,
Pim

12:50 AM  
Blogger slurp! said...

hey pim, thanks for dropping by.

yes, midnight snacks. that's what i miss while I was in NZ last year. things are quiet & peaceful during the night. TOO QUIET & PEACEFUL, well, that's a serious issue to me. LOLz

12:16 AM  
Blogger Jaschocolate said...

i also wondered whether to switch to wp cos got feeling liao mah... yes, funny to have feeling for a computer program.. :p

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home