Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Ramblings: Some "KIND" of day

My 2year old foot massager has been lying dead many months ago. I never thought of repairing since the warranty ran out. Yesterday, I thought of giving it a new lease of life by repairing it myself. Disasembling it, I THINK I found the fault, the onboard 250v, 2A fused was blown. I hope/praying all the rest of electronics are fine.

Since the fuse was soldered onboard, it makes replacement difficult as you need desolder & solder. Hmmm ... it needs a fuse holder, pretty common item, I thought. But when I search for it at Sim Lim Square, was frustrated to find it's so difficult to find that bloody 20mm fuse holder!!! Best part, after finding something close, I then found my soldering iron giving me that freaking "lukewarm" response. Yeah ... can't even melt the solder let alone getting the job done. *sighz*

Well, looks like gotta borrow soldering iron from somebody. So meantime I stuffed myself with Sheng Mian from nearby Cze Char stall to forget my sorrow. It's basically fried raw noodle (sheng mian) topped with hor fun gravy some pieces of prawn, sotong, pork slices, veggies. Very filling meal at $3.00

And lastly, drown myself in cup of tea-O (tea without milk), and pondering about life & death ...... of my ill-fated foot massager

3 Comments:

Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

what a day for you

5:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hahhaa... oopps, sorry, I shouldn't be laughing at your horrible day, maybe it's time to give the old massager a nice burial and invest in the OSIM i-Squeez!

7:48 PM  
Blogger slurp! said...

foodcrazee,
sure is. guess what, the fuse blown again when I replaced. so it must have some other electronic component which I don't have the tools to do furthur diagnostics :( *RIP*

cath,
hurhurhur *sniff sniff* but i already have i-Squeez for almost a year already hehehe *grinz* the i-squeez can only squeez the lower portion of the legs.

that foot massager is so designed that it can be used on other portion of body (e.g back, upper legs etc), it's more versatile. but guess i need to retire this bugger soon :(

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home