Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Banner: January 2006

(belated) !!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
Hmm ... looks like I'm still not out of the woods yet. Still I need to start off with something simple. And banner for Jan 2006 should be easy to do :P

I made a few banners from my last New Zealand Trip.


New Zealand Christmas Tree, Pohutukawa [po-hoo-ta-car-wa](Metrosideros excelsa)


Kiwi Fruits


Tairua @ Coromandel Peninsula, a small but beautiful & relaxing seaside village. We stayed with our host in their lovely & unique "Barn-like" design holiday house.


Wai-O-Tapu @ Rotorua, New Zealand most colourful natural volcanic environment.

In the end, I choose to go local for all banners. So I dropped my baggage upon reaching home and join the mob at Esplanade for the New Year Countdown Fireworks. Was hoping to photograph the crowds with fireworks in the background.

Arghh ... too difficult! For a start, I was late. Secondly, I don't the height like those NBA players, so when the fireworks starts and everyone were raising high up their mobile phone trying to do recording of the splendid fireworks display, that's all I could see hehehehe..... Anyway, I thought the sight of those mobile phones in the dark were interesting. So that how this banner come about. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Happy New Year Slurp!

This is my second most favorite thing about your blog next to the pictures of food, the pictures of fauna.

This a is real treat for me because I've never been west of Hawaii and it doesn't look like I will be going any time soon. So this is the next best thing!

2:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

happy new year slurp! Like the mobile-phones all a row snapping shot --hahahha, so Singaporean!

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool.. I like this New Year heading pic.. Think its artistic. Keep blogging yar ? :)

Shalom,
KB

8:41 AM  
Blogger slurp! said...

writeprocrastinator,
cool, didn't know you like fauna too. there will be more posts on fauna (NZ, SG etc)

I have never been to Hawaii, but from the look of the names, they do bear some resemblances to Maori names of NZ.

cath,
same thinking here .. great minds think alike hahaha .. LOLz

KB,
thanks for dropping by and your encouragement! :)

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your handphone lights banner. Captures the mood of the event.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slurp, I love all of them, but I love the black & white one too (is it a 'rave' going on?)

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home